This picture was taken today... of what I cut off the defenseless, little animal.
The pictures are actually quite forgiving. I assure you this was not my best "stylist" moment.
1. DO set aside at least an hour before attempting this for the first time. Holy cow!
2. DO close AND lock the door if your 5 year old child is running around the house, and decides to give the dog a chance to break free!
3. Do NOT try using clippers BEFORE using scissors to cut off all of excess hair that has grown since the previous fall.
4. Do NOT cut your dog with the scissors, because you're getting completely overwhelmed by how much hair you continue to cut, and it looks like you're getting NOWHERE, so you start going too quickly!
5. DO come to the realization that there is a reason we pay dog groomers to do this tedious chore, and fork out the $40 bucks to save yourself a lot of time and effort, along with saving your poor, little doggie the stress and pain! She was actually quite patient, and sat so still while I chopped away. She's a good, little dog.