These would be our little lights shining in the evening. They were on, even in the midst of their cold surroundings.
Saturday was not a loss due to the weather, though, of course! I had a project in mind, and I was able to complete it with the help of my patient husband. I wanted to recover my couch pillows. Without boring you with the long, sordid details, I will simplify the story for you...
- I've used a sewing machine, MAYBE once or twice when I was a kid at home.
- My mother in law gave me her old one, just in case it might come in handy one day.
- I wanted new pillows.
- The frugal side of me didn't want to BUY eight new pillows (four for the couch upstairs; four for the couch and loveseat downstairs).
- My neighbor gave me the idea to use dinner napkins as pillow covers.
- That would be what jogged my memory that I am actually in possession of a sewing machine!
- I bought napkins (on clearance) at Target! (I LOVE TARGET!)
- My husband remembered how to USE the sewing machine (it was his mom's, remember).
- He taught me.
- I muddled through it.
EIGHT NEW COUCH PILLOWS (for the complete cost of $24):
YAY, ME! :)
Last but not least, we enjoyed a nice evening with friends for the Superbowl. We've never thrown a Superbowl party. I know nothing about football.... probably less about a Superbowl party. We had food. We had friends. We had a TV with the football game on. I assume that's all one needs?
A huge entertainment area with enough seating would be have been a perk... but oh well! No one complained nearly as much about the lack of seating as I did about the boredom I had to endure for having a football game on for four hours!!! Whew! :) Maybe I should consider that factor when no one wants to come back to my house for the Superbowl NEXT year. :)
These folks are our Bible Study group, once again. We had people coming and going throughout the evening, kids running around, friends chatting and eating. A few played games in the other room. I love it! :) ...even though they were there for football. :)
P.S. That would be my little brother in the "comfy corner" of the couch. I was so glad he joined us, too! :) Love him!
But as the night wound down, the families with kiddos had left, and my own boys were all tucked into their beds... only five of us were left for the viewing of Glee afterwards! These people must not value true entertainment! My goodness!