This topic has been on my heart a lot lately. I've been discussing with my son, the choice we have in how our attitude will be in life. I've literally filled a glass half full with water, to demonstrate to him the "glass half empty/glass half full" concept. I pointed to each half, and we talked about how the glass and the water never change... but our perspective CAN.
We're studying the book of Esther with our bible study group on Sunday mornings, and the topic has been brought to mind in another light. A friend shared this quote with me, and I really liked it. My favorite is the last part. I just thought I'd share. :)
“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”
- Charles R. Swindoll
- ► 2012 (34)
- Day 364. Happy Anniversary.
- Day 363. Milk.
- Day 362. For my Mommy. :)
- Day 361. More Creations.
- Day 360. Snacks.
- Day 359. Sorting.
- Day 358. Errands.
- Day 357. 100th Day of School.
- Day 356. Idina Menzel Concert.
- Day 355. MORE Snow Days.
- Day 354. Cindy Lou Who.
- Day 353. Winter Must-Haves, Day 12.
- Day 352. My Winter Must-Haves, Day 11.
- Day 351. My Winter Must-Haves. Day 10.
- Day 350. My Winter Must-Haves. Day 9.
- Day 349. My Winter Must-Haves, Day 8.
- Day 348. Winter Must-Haves, Day 7.
- Day 347. Winter Must-Haves, Day 6.
- Day 346. Winter Must-Haves, Day 5.
- Day 345. Winter Must-Haves, Day 4.
- Day 346. Winter Must-Haves, Day 3.
- Day 345. Winter Must-Haves, Day 2.
- Day 345. Winter Must-Haves, Day 1.
- Day 343. Happy Birthday!
- Day 342. Little Boys.
- Day 341. Cupcakes.
- Day 340. What is it???
- Day 339. Not Much.
- Day 338. Monster Hoodies.
- Day 337. I Love Hats.
- Day 336. Lazy Days.
- Day 335. Flowers.
- ▼ January (33)