What does a stay-at-home-mom do when all of her kids go to school? She goes with them! :) HA! I've written about my volunteer days before, but working with these kiddos never ceases to amaze me. I am simply fascinated by watching how differently their little minds process.
When I was in school, math was taught ONE way. You did it the way they taught you, or you didn't get the right answer. That's not the case anymore. Sure, you still need to get the right answer, but what I love is that there is recognition now that everyone may not come up with the right answer the SAME way... It all depends on how their brain processes the problem. And it's encouraged to figure that out! I love that!
We should appreciate one another for our differences, shouldn't we? Of course we should! What a boring place the world would be, if we were all the same!
Here's what I got to do with my son's little KG class today... We worked on sorting: by color and by size. I had my handy, dandy cell phone with me, so I took a couple of snapshots of some of the solutions to the size sorting. Interesting, isn't it? :) Well, I thought it was, anyway.
This little one was way more interested in forming his bear-friends into ring-around-the-rosie rather than worrying about their size. :)
This would be the work of my little KS3. :)
- ► 2012 (34)
- Day 364. Happy Anniversary.
- Day 363. Milk.
- Day 362. For my Mommy. :)
- Day 361. More Creations.
- Day 360. Snacks.
- Day 359. Sorting.
- Day 358. Errands.
- Day 357. 100th Day of School.
- Day 356. Idina Menzel Concert.
- Day 355. MORE Snow Days.
- Day 354. Cindy Lou Who.
- Day 353. Winter Must-Haves, Day 12.
- Day 352. My Winter Must-Haves, Day 11.
- Day 351. My Winter Must-Haves. Day 10.
- Day 350. My Winter Must-Haves. Day 9.
- Day 349. My Winter Must-Haves, Day 8.
- Day 348. Winter Must-Haves, Day 7.
- Day 347. Winter Must-Haves, Day 6.
- Day 346. Winter Must-Haves, Day 5.
- Day 345. Winter Must-Haves, Day 4.
- Day 346. Winter Must-Haves, Day 3.
- Day 345. Winter Must-Haves, Day 2.
- Day 345. Winter Must-Haves, Day 1.
- Day 343. Happy Birthday!
- Day 342. Little Boys.
- Day 341. Cupcakes.
- Day 340. What is it???
- Day 339. Not Much.
- Day 338. Monster Hoodies.
- Day 337. I Love Hats.
- Day 336. Lazy Days.
- Day 335. Flowers.
- ▼ January (33)