Okay, I know it looks gross. And I'll admit, this one was NOT my best work. :) But I have become QUITE the fan of these creations in the last couple of weeks!
A friend of mine (who is probably one of the healthiest people I know) reminded me that a simple smoothie-drink can be a GREAT way to give your day a healthy boost!
Here's what I've discovered:
1. You can disguise spinach REALLY well... other than the fact that it's green. The color is kind of a dead giveaway... but the flavor is subtle! When you pair it with berries, you'll never know it's in there. That's my kind of veggie! Hehee!
2. ADD ICE! It makes the drink well worth drinking when it's nice and cold.
3. PROTEIN is a must! I used to try to drink those protein powders in plain, ol' milk (soy, almond, dairy, whatever). Never again! This is a MUCH more delightful way to enjoy them!
4. Experiment! You might find a blend that you REALLY like. Then again, you might find yourself chugging it down out of necessity, just because you feel guilty for pouring it down the drain.
5. Use yogurt. It definitely adds to the creaminess.
6. My best BASIC start to every smoothie: a cup of almond milk, 1/4 cup of organic, plain yogurt. 1/2 cup of ice. 1 serving of protein powder (right now, I'm using Aria vanilla OR Juice Plus dutch cocoa). Then, throw in whatever healthy ingredient you desire. Peanut butter. Berries. Veggies. Voila! ENJOY! :)